Dental Emergency: Knocked-Out Tooth
If you have a knocked-out tooth you likely have questions. In this article, to help, our dentist in Lincoln, NE will explain the following topics:
1. Can a knocked out tooth be saved? There is good news! Loose teeth can be saved by a dentist near me if they are treated in time. Knocked-out teeth can potentially be saved, but time is critical.
2. What should I do if my permanent tooth falls out?
-Hold it by the crown, not the root.
-Rinse with cool water.
-Place it back into socket.
-Be sure to keep it damp or moist.
-Call an emergency dentist near me.
3. Can you fix a fallen out tooth? If your tooth has only minor damage, it can be repaired. If the tooth can’t be saved, a dental implant is an excellent choice.
4. How much does it cost to fix a knocked-out tooth? As with any medical procedure the cost varies per patient and depends upon the complexity of the case.
What to do immediately after you experience one of these dental emergencies:
If you need immediate dental care, please call 402-840-9783.
Schedule Online 24/7
Do you have a knocked-out tooth or avulsed teeth? Need a 24-hour emergency dentist near me? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentists, can help.
Our dentists, Dr. Chris Sullivan and Dr. Kelsey Sullivan are here to help! If you need help but are afraid of the dentist, we offer “affordable sedation dentistry in Lincoln, NE.” We’re here to take care of you. Here we’ll discuss:
Important steps to follow if you have a knocked-out tooth.
When you have a knocked-out tooth, or you have a tooth that is loose from an accident, it is crucial to call your emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry as soon as possible. When you have avulsed teeth or a tooth that has become loose or knocked out, damage occurs in the mouth. More specifically, damage occurs in the nerves of a tooth and surrounding tissues. Surprisingly, tissues that have damage can support the tooth again if and only if the tooth is put back in its socket quickly.
Can a knocked-out tooth be saved by a dentist in Lincoln, NE? Your dentist in Lincoln, NE, explains steps to take if your tooth has been knocked out.
- First, call our office or our emergency dentistry number (if after regular business hours). Next, be careful when picking up your knocked-out tooth. Do not touch the root! Instead, grasp the tooth by the crown and rinse it in warm water. Third, if you can put the tooth back in its socket or place it on the inside of your cheek to keep it moist, if you cannot do either, store the tooth in a small cup or baggie with saliva or milk until you can see a dentist in Lincoln, NE. It’s essential to prevent the tooth from becoming dry.
- Place a cold compress on your jaw or cheek to help prevent or minimize swelling.
- Finally, have somebody drive you to our office as soon as you can.
What will my dentist do for a knocked-out tooth?
Your emergency dentist near me will try to place the tooth that is out of place back in its socket with hopes of regaining support. If the tooth knocks loose, we may stabilize it to see if the tissues will re-attach to the tooth. However, in some cases, the tooth might be too far gone and require a root canal or replacement.
Again if you have a tooth that has fallen our or is loose because of an accident, carefully store the tooth and seek emergency dental care. Teeth can often be put back into place after being knocked out; however, time is critical. A permanent tooth that has been knocked out has the highest chance of being put back in place it it is within 30 minutes of the incident. If you cannot see an emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE, you should visit the ER.
Who do I call for my knocked-out tooth?
Call Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry to schedule an emergency appointment to evaluate your tooth displacement. We would honor the opportunity to help you and will kindly present you with all of your treatment options. Your health and well-being are our priority.
How much does it cost to fix a knocked-out tooth? The cost of fixing a knocked-out tooth can vary. Why? As with any medical procedure the cost varies per patient and depends upon the complexity of the case. It is also important to note that not every patient will choose the same repair option. Therefore, it is a good idea to see your emergency dentist and have them discuss all of your options along with cost. The team at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry can provide you with a cost estimate after seeing our emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE.
Can you fix a fallen out tooth? Yes. Regardless of whether or not the tooth is salvageable, there is an option for you. If the dentist did save your tooth and it only has only minor flaws, a filling will likely cover the damage. If it is more extensive, perhaps dental bonding is an option. Your emergency dentist near me will be able to help you explore all options for tooth repair or replacement.
What do you do if your permanent tooth falls out? As an adult, if you lose a permanent tooth and it can’t be put back in the socket, it’s likely you’ll need a dental implant. Dental implants not only preserve bone, but will help restore your smile and keep it as natural as possible.
If you need to contact our 24/7 emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE after-hours, please call us at 402-840-9783.
Schedule Online 24/7
The information on this page was written by Dr. Chris Sullivan.
This gentle dentist says: “My goal as your dentist in Lincoln, NE is to listen to each of your concerns regarding your dental health. Once I address all of you concerns, our goal as a dental team is to provide you with exceptional care – the kind of care that lets you relax and feel comfortable.”
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at his Northeast Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves communities close to Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Waverly, Davey, Greenwood, Walton, Eagle, Elmwood, Weeping Water, Ceresco, and more.
Learn more about the cosmetic dentistry services we provide.
Schedule Day or Night
Schedule your dental appointment at anytime of the day or night with our online scheduling.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.