Experiencing a Lost Crown?
Your Lincoln, NE Dentist
Have you lost a dental crown? Our team at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry is here to help take care of your dental needs. Restore your smile from your dentist in Lincoln, NE?
In this article:
– My dental crown fell out; what can I do? We have steps to take if you have a lost crown in Lincoln, NE.
– Is there an emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE? Our Lincoln, NE dental clinic offers an affordable dental emergency fee for after-hours dental emergencies.
– I have a sharp toothache after recent dental work; what can I do? We have dental discomfort management tips.
What to do immediately after a dental incident:
If you need immediate dental care,
please call 402-840-9783.
Schedule Online 24/7
Did you lose your crown or cap? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, can help…
Generally speaking, your dentist in Lincoln, NE say that most of the time, a filling or a crown falls out while eating or chewing gum. Losing a filling or crown can cause the tooth to become sensitive and vulnerable. Usually, it is decay beneath the crown or filling that causes it to become loose or fall out. Decay does change the shape of the tooth, which compromises the fit of the filling or crown. If no treatment is done, the tooth will become more sensitive or infected as debris and bacteria contact it. Teeth can shift if a crown is left out of the mouth for too long.
Is losing a crown a dental emergency? Is there a 24-hour emergency dentist near me? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
The following are steps you can take if a crown becomes loose or falls out.
- First, call our office or our “emergency dentist near me” number (if after regular business hours) you have a lost filling or crown and are experiencing severe discomfort. If you are not experiencing extreme discomfort, call our office so we can get you in at your convenience. Looking for the “best dentist near me”? Be sure to give our team a call.
- If you’ve lost a crown, be sure to clean it as good as you can and keep it in a safe place. It is possible the crown could be put back in place on the tooth with cement. If you lose a filling, clove oil can be put on the tooth (avoid your gums) to help relieve sensitivity.
- Your emergency dentist near me will evaluate the tooth with the lost filling to determine the cause. They will either place a new filling or go over other recommendations and treatment options. If you have a lost crown, your emergency dentist near me will try to recement it to the tooth. This is usually possible if the tooth has no decay and is not broken.
- If decay is present, your dentist will get rid of it and place a new filling or crown. But, if the decay is too extensive or deep, root canal treatment might be a recommendation. Do you have dental phobia? Does the thought of getting a new dental crown scare you? Our team at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE, offers affordable sedation dentistry near me. Sedation dentistry in Lincoln, NE is a very safe option that can allow you to get the dental care you deserve from a dentist in Lincoln, NE.
What happens if I lose a filling? Is losing a filling a dental emergency? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
If you lose a filling, call our emergency dentist near me in Lincoln, NE as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a couple of short-term remedies you can try. Go to a local pharmacy, and purchase some over-the-counter dental cement. These types of dental cement can be used as a temporary fix. This or toothpaste can be used to temporarily fix the crown in place while you await your appointment. DO NOT use any type of non-dental material or glue to place the crown back on your tooth.
For an even shorter-term remedy, you may use sugar-free gum to cover the cavity. Be sure it is sugar-free gum. Any sugar entering a cavity can cause a significant amount of discomfort. Remember, cavities left untreated can develop into more severe problems, including loss of the tooth. Let an affordable dentist in Lincoln, NE help you.
Do you have discomfort or a sharp toothache after your recent dental work? What can you do to ease a persistent toothache after recent dental work? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
If you need to reach one of our emergency dentists after-hours, please call us at 402-840-9783.
Schedule Online 24/7
Dr. Kelsey Sullivan
The information on this page was written by Dr. Kelsey Sullivan.
This gentle dentist in Lincoln, NE says: “My patients deserve personalized, quality dental care in an atmosphere they feel comfortable in. At Nebraska Family Dentistry, our team of caring professionals is committed to providing you with a comfortable and positive dental experience. Our goal is to form a partnership with you to help you achieve and maintain optimal dental health throughout your lifetime.”
You can schedule with this Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at her Northeast Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves the local communities close to Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Waverly, Davey, Greenwood, Walton, Eagle, Elmwood, Weeping Water, Ceresco, and more.
I look forward to meeting you soon, Dr. Kelsey Sullivan.
Learn more about the Instant Orthodontics services we provide.
Schedule Day or Night
Book your dental appointment at anytime of the day or night with our online scheduling.
We have 7 locations in Lincoln, NE
Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry– Northeast Lincoln
Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.